Saturday, July 14, 2012

No Checking Out Allowed...Yet!

As the end of the second term is drawing to a close, and term break only 12 days away, the kids are starting to check out...for example, most of my students did an awful job on their spelling tests today! Once your students are gone it's so hard to not check out yourself!

Things are piling up like report cards, grading, end of term show, end of term awards, end of term handcraft display, and the list goes on!

I can't really blame the kids for checking out and wanting to head home, but I'm realizing how much of a teacher I am as I am frantically thinking, "They can't check out yet, I still want to teach them for another whole week! There is still so much information that I want to cover before the term ends!"

Oh well...I guess the sooner it comes the better, as I get to have my Dad, and my brother, and my friend come visit me in 16 days!!!!! Hey, it's not as if I'm checking out or anything! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment