Sunday, July 29, 2012

When my plans fail God is still God.

     The last few days have been pretty interesting, but really neat, as God has worked everything out bit by bit. 

      A couple of months ago Lina and I had planned to come down to Lusaka together, she was going to renew her passport, among other things, and I was going to pick up my guests, head to Livingston, come back, and we were all going to drive up to Sakeji together. Well, a couple of days ago all of the plans changed because poor Lina got really sick with bronchitis. 

     Well, what could have been a really stressful ordeal, turned out quite smoothly, as a visiting missionary couple drove me half of the way on Saturday, let me sleep at their house Saturday night, and another missionary couple drove me the rest of the way this morning. 

     I found out on the second half of my trip that the couple who drove me down to Lusaka today originally were planning to drive to Lusaka last Tuesday morning, but had a change of plans due to an event at their church. Because of that they decided to drive to Lusaka this morning, a decision that was made days before I even realized I needed a ride today! God is so good, and I am so blown away by His faithfulness and kindness. 

      Even in the little things He is still in control, and He still takes the time to work out the little details and stresses of life! 

      Proverbs 16: 1, 9, 33

     (Dad, Joel, and Chris are arriving tomorrow!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment