Monday, November 19, 2012

Dorm Mom For The Evening

Last night I got to fill in as Dorm Mom for the girls' dorm because the real Dorm Mom had to help out with an emergency off station. 

I actually had a really good time seeing the girls in a different element, and although I'm okay to not do this full time, I enjoyed very much the opportunity to do it for the evening. 


The evening consisted of helping making sure all the junior girls got their baths, and got ready for bed on time, reading stories to them, doing devotions and prayers with them, handing out their "medicine" (such as salt to gargle, eye drops etc.), and tucking them all in. It was adorable as they all wanted a kiss goodnight (even the bigger girls), and they wanted to sing a song before the lights were turned out. 


I'm not exactly ready to be a mom yet, but the little tastes I get of motherhood here and there are always quite enjoyable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment