Thursday, November 15, 2012

It must be nearly end of term....

     The children are having a lot of trouble sitting quietly and still, and I've been reminding them the class rules all week! We must be getting down to the last few weeks of the school year!
     The way I feel that today has gone is a lot like the following poem that I found in a poem book in my classroom! Here it is:

      "When a knight won his spurs

       In the stories of old - 
       He was - 'Face the front, David Briggs,
       What have you been told?'
       With a shield on his arm
        And a lance in his - 'Hey!
        Is that a ball I can see?
        Put - it - a - way.'

        No charger have I

        And - 'No talking back there.
        You're supposed to be singing,
        Not combing your hair.'
        Though back into storyland
        Giants have - 'Roy,
        This isn't a playground,
        Stop pushing that boy!'

        Let faith be my shield

        And - 'Who's eating sweets here?
        I'm ashamed of you, Marion,
        It's not like you dear.'
        And let me set free
        With - 'Please stop that, Paul King.
        This is no place for whistlers,
        We'd rather you sing!'"

          - Allan Ahlberg (Please Mrs. Butler)


No comments:

Post a Comment