Monday, June 11, 2012

Nothing to blog about?

Oh I wish I had something to blog about
Oh I wish, oh I wish that I did
Oh I wish I had something to blog about
Like a picture, or a line from a kid.

Or something that's so fascinating
That would make you wonder if it's true
Oh I wish I had something to blog about
And then I could share it with you!

I wish I could blog about birthday party
How the theme was "Everything Nautical"
But unfortunately I didn't make it
Since I wasn't feeling healthy at all. 

See there's not much to say for the classroom
Apart from the day to day grind
Where one day you feel like a winner
The next wonder how you've been so blind!

I could blog about little reminders
God gives us to show that He's there
When a day where I taught about praying
A student was found kneeling in prayer!

Or sometimes when I'm going somewhere
(Wherever that somewhere may be)
I'll hear students singing a chorus
That I taught them in assembly.

Or the chances that I've had to build
Relationships with the senior girls so far,
With helping them with dinner dishes
Or teaching swimming, piano, guitar.

I guess the whole purpose of blogging
Is to remind me where my treasure's been laid.
And the day to day work of a ministry
Is worth much more than just getting paid. 


No comments:

Post a Comment