Saturday, May 26, 2012

A God of Small Details

     The last few days have been neat as God has been taking care of my silly small needs and concerns. 

      Last term break I bought a few pairs of sandals from Lusaka hoping that they'd get me through till the end of the year...what I didn't know is that shoes in Lusaka are all very poor quality, except maybe one shoe store chain "Bata" that doesn't sell shoes in my size. Anyway, I was pretty discouraged and frustrated when all of the sandals I bought broke this week. I didn't really know what I was going to do....and then the school received some boxes that had been sent a very long time ago from some churches in Canada...you'll never guess what was in one of them!!! A whole bunch of sandals and shoes...in my size! How cool is that...people that don't even know that I exist sent boxes to Sakeji before I even arrived, and they got here with some things that I needed in the very week that I needed them! That sounds an awful lot like what Jesus says in Matthew 6: 25-32 " Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on......So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. If this is how God clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven,will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?.....For Your Heavenly Father knows that need these things."

      So, why am I ever surprised by His faithfulness? Beats me.

No comments:

Post a Comment