Sunday, May 13, 2012

For my mom...

Even though I'm far away
I still remember you today
And think of all the things you've done
For all your daughters and your sons

As I've grown up I've come to see
How much you've done each day for me
The meals you've cooked, the things you've said
Buying healthy food like whole wheat bread

For the endless jobs done every day
For all the prayers I know you pray
Waking up early and staying  up late
Yet sometimes we don't appreciate

From being a teacher myself I can see
How challenging little children can be
I know that homeschooling kids isn't always fun
Nor is being a strict disciplinarian 

And yet you did it because you care
Even though victories sometimes are rare
But you didn't give up you've kept the fight
And did what you believed was right

I know I'm not a mother yet
But there are some things I've begun to get
Running a home and raising nine kids
Doesn't sound as hard as it really is!

And not just today I hope you know
How much I really love you so
And though Zambia is really far away
I'm wishing you a Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment