Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Good Things

     Well, God is good, and second term has started off well. I found that I was a lot more comfortable with the beginning of this term, compared to last term. A lot more comfortable, and a lot more content.

     I realized by the kids' return how much I've missed them while they were gone, and how happy I am that they're back. This time around I know them, and they know me. I've additionally realized how much I enjoy working with second/third graders, and that I'm content with what I actually do at Sakeji. I also have some more responsibilities this term, and I feel more at home and a part of the community here. 

     I think all of these factors have helped start this term off so positively, and even though I know that there will still be moments where I want to pack up and go home, and that there will still be days where I am so tired and don't want to get out of bed, I am beginning to have a passion for what I'm doing, and a burden for the work being done here. 

     As I said, God is good, and I'm looking forward to this new term, and the good things that I know He'll do. 

   

Yolanda, my new roommate


Kids at the river this afternoon


Basketball game at tea time

No comments:

Post a Comment