Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The reason for it all...

     Yesterday was just one of those days. It started out badly because during assembly a few of the kids had a bad attitude about singing, which sort of hurt my feelings. As I walked out of assembly my shoe broke (the second shoe to break this week), and when I reached my classroom my students had forgotten what standing in a straight, quiet line looked like! 

     As I fumbled my way through the day with a grumpy attitude, I began to wonder if I really was a half-way decent teacher, and why I was a teacher anyway, since I seemed to be doing such a bad job!

     Luckily, as I ran home at tea time to change out of my broken shoes, I decided to pray and change my attitude, and apologize to those whom I had directly offended that morning. 

     During Bible class we talked about lost sheep, and how entering the sheep fold through The Door, Christ, is the only way to be saved, and how those of us who are already saved need to show those outside the sheep fold what a life with Christ really looks like. We kind of went off topic, and I doubted that anyone was really listening....that is, until yesterday afternoon, when I found out that one of the third grade girls  had gone to the dorm mom and wanted to accept Jesus in her heart! 

     It brought me to tears...I know it wasn't about me at all, and that God has been working in many ways in this little girl's life, but it is so cool to know that even in my failures and my bad days God can work, and maybe even use some things that I say or do to actually make a difference. Anyway, it has been an encouragement to all of the staff, knowing that the harvest is ready now, and what we are doing is really worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment