Thursday, November 28, 2013

A Thankful Heart!

Another Thanksgiving is here, and once again I've been so blessed by the other staff members and children here at Sakeji. 

As I walked into my classroom this morning, I found it all decorated for Thanksgiving by the grade 1 teacher. She's crazy! She came up with this idea over a month ago, and had secretly gotten my kids to help make the decorations and write me little thankful notes. Such a surprise! It just about brought me to tears. 

We also had the second annual Pie Social at Sakeji, several of the ladies brought their favorite pie, and it was a pleasant evening, playing a group game, eating pie, and watching an episode of Duck Dynasty. Go America!

This morning as I was explaining to the grade 2's and 3's what Thanksgiving is all about, one kid raised their hand and said, "So, do we tell you 'Happy Thanksgiving' because it's American?" 

Being away from home on Thanksgiving always leaves one sad, and homesick...but with the friends and family that I have right here at Sakeji my heart is overflowing with thankfulness!


1 comment:

  1. I think all the kids have gotten taller!! I think S is taller than both Beth and you!

    ReplyDelete