Sunday, December 1, 2013

Pinch and a Punch!

"Pinch and a punch for the rest of the month and no returns" is a common phrase heard at Sakeji on the first of every month, accompanied with a pinch and a punch. The kids love racing each other (and the teachers) with this, and some very clever people started saying back, "And a slap and a kick for being so quick!" It's all done in fun though, and is a cute tradition. 

It occurred to me this morning that we have started yet another month here...and that these two years which have been very full are all too quickly coming to an end. 

This last week of school is very full of Christmas...Christmas dinner on Sunday, children practicing and performing Christmas carols, classrooms all decorated for Christmas, and a Christmas show being presented to the parents on the last day of school. 

I'm so happy and sad at the same time. I don't think that I've ever been this torn before in my life. 


Grade two class picture...although not everyone was cooperating for this one!


The sad faces we are making are because I'm leaving this term.(Their idea!)

No comments:

Post a Comment