Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Last Night in Zambia

  I find it hard to fathom that tonight is my last night being in Zambia...at least for now anyway. Time is a concept I have yet to understand, but somehow two years ago I was staying in this very same guest house on my very first night in Zambia. Many nights (and days) have passed since then, and have led to a really exciting two years that I will never forget, and never regret.

   The first part of the journey has passed pretty smoothly, although I have to say, riding in the back of a covered pickup truck with three other people and all the luggage for five hours was definitely not leaving in style! It felt pretty Zambian though. :)

   Tomorrow afternoon we leave out of Lusaka, and hopefully all will go well and we will make all of our flight connections. Now that the journey's begun, and the goodbyes have been said I'm ready to get home. Lusaka today has been so hot, I'm pretty eager to be back in cold weather...although we'll see how long that lasts. 

   Goodnight everybody! Goodnight Zambia!

No comments:

Post a Comment